Do you think nonprofits are changing the world? Do you like coaching clients all the way from the start to the finish line? We might be your new home. We are searching for a fundraising coach/consultant to be our new project manager.
We believe that nonprofit organizations and the people who run them are changemakers who work hard to make the world a better place. We work alongside them as guides, coaches and support to help deliver stunning events that meet and exceed goals. We have a diverse range of clients doing crucial work in their communities and we are always looking for great team members to help them achieve their event goals.
Project managers are at the heart of our relationships with our clients. We’re looking for a collaborator to support our stellar clients and the events we help make happen for them. We seek project managers who understand the intersection of fundraising strategy and live events and can coach our nonprofit clients through the event planning process. Someone who can see the big and the small pictures, and can help them keep moving forward toward their goals. A teammate who can work with a variety of personalities in a fast-paced environment. The range of tasks can be varied—a little vendor negotiating here, sponsorship coaching there. Some days are about creative ideas for auction procurement, others are about helping clients communicate the importance of fundraising within their organization. You’ll be our clients’ touchstone, working in partnership with an event assistant, to get them from initial event concept to day-of-event execution.
Required Skills / Experience
• Consulting: We are looking for someone that has experience coaching, mentoring, teaching or consulting. This is a critical component of this role.
• Sector experience: A history of leadership in the nonprofit sector as a staff member or consultant.
• Support a full client portfolio in varied capacities from hourly consulting and strategic direction to full event execution
• Act as the main point of contact for the client and build strong relationships with their staff and board
• Lead the execution of client projects with a strong hand in the fundraising strategy and client coaching with the goal to increase their fundraising and streamline their efforts
• Coach Swaim Strategies support staff to execute each project through to successful completion
• Be a strong brand ambassador for Swaim Strategies by building vendor, client and community relationships
• Initiate new business for Swaim Strategies
• Work in partnership with the strategic director to create effective fundraising strategies tailored to clients and the specifics of their organization
The right candidate will have some of the following skills and experience:
• Familiarity in nonprofit fundraising and/or event management
• Knowledge of nonprofit management
• Budget management
• Strategic planning to get your clients to their goal
• Strong teaching/coaching skills
• Strong leader that can see a project from concept to completion, coaching both
clients and support staff along the way
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to be the expert but also to make room to convey this expertise in a way that resonates with a variety of clients
• Ability to pick up new technology and computer programs quickly
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Willingness to be innovative and problem solve
• Ability to take a task and run with it as well as knowing when to ask for help
• Enthusiasm about collaboration
• Kindness and professionalism
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Team spirit for a group effort working toward the greater good
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
• Strong relationship building skills working with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• A passion for nonprofits and their work
This is a full-time position with paid medical, dental, vision, alternative care; retirement plan; and generous vacation and holiday time. Salary range $47,000-$50,000 DOE +
sales/project management commission
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a close-knit, fun office that takes the work of our clients very seriously. We believe that it’s our job to listen, to engage and to amplify the great work that they do.
Swaim Strategies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please attach these as PDFs to your email. No in-person drop offs or phone calls, please. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. We will initiate contact with applicants whose experience most closely aligns with the requirements of the job. The position will remain open until filled. We’re excited to hear your story.