Are you a systems geek? Do you live in the details? Do you think nonprofits are changing the world? We might be your new home.
We believe that nonprofit organizations and the people who run them are changemakers who work hard to make the world a better place. We work alongside them as guides, coaches and support to help deliver stunning events that meet and exceed goals. We have a diverse range of clients doing crucial work in their communities and we’re looking for a new team member to work with us to help them achieve their event goals.
Strong and effective administrative support is vital. We’re looking for a collaborator to support our stellar project managers and the client events we help make happen. We need an event assistant who loves details and can track and organize them into a coherent whole. Someone who can see the big and the small pictures, and can help us keep them moving forward. A teammate who can work with a variety of personalities in a fast-paced environment. The range of tasks can be varied—a little production schedule here, catering order there. Some days are about databases, others are about putting together event plans and making sure the auction pictures are where they need to be. You’ll be engaged in both event and administrative support with the goal of keeping things in order and on track. This role requires attention to detail and the ability to manage lots of moving pieces.
- Support a client portfolio of up to 30 clients in varied capacities
- Act as the administrative and logistical support to 1-2 project managers
- Track progress of projects, develop client deliverables and tools and manage logistics and vendor relationships in support of client events
- Support all event details
- Track all client and vendor contracts
- Take meeting notes
- Translate meeting notes into tracking tools and tasks for client projects
- Manage vendor relationships
- Act as a second point of contact for clients
- Provide internal administrative support such as managing calendars, time tracking, meeting prep, research and resource gathering
The right candidate will have a majority of the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an administrative assistant capacity
- Experience in nonprofits as staff or a volunteer
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Strong value for the necessary and vital role of administrative support
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Good customer service skills
- Data management skills and an eye for systems
- Ability to pick up new technology and computer programs quickly
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness to be innovative and problem solve
- Ability to take a task and run with it, and also knowing when to ask for help
- Enthusiasm about collaboration
- Kindness and professionalism
- Calm under pressure
- Team spirit for a group effort working toward the greater good
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Strong relationship building skills working with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Possess a passion for nonprofits and their work
This is a full-time position with paid medical, dental, vision, alternative care; retirement plan; and generous vacation and holiday time. Salary range $37,000-$39,000 DOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a close-knit, fun office that takes the work of our clients very seriously. We believe that it’s our job to listen, to engage and to amplify the great work that they do.
Swaim Strategies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please attach these as PDFs to your email. No in-person drop offs or phone calls, please. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. We will initiate contact with applicants whose experience most closely aligns with the requirements of the job. The position will remain open until filled. We’re excited to hear your story.